Mediterranean Cruises

6 Careers That No Extended Exist Many thanks To Engineering | Random Thursday

From human alarm clocks to a international ice cutting sector, in this article are 6 once-prevalent jobs that no for a longer period exist many thanks to technological know-how.

Help me on Patreon!

Get cool nerdy t-shirts at

Thinking of finding a Tesla? Get cost-free things if you use my referral code:

Adhere to me at all my sites!
Instagram:
Snapchat:
Facebook:
Twitter:

Links Links Links:

Knocker-ups:

Switchboard Operators:
Archive footage:

Bell Phone film:

Elevator Operators:

Ice Cutters:

How to make every thing:

Link Boys:

Pinsetters:
How it functions:
Old school bowling:

supply

1. Funny you mentioned refridgerators an how they are everywhere these days.
    Just a couple of years ago i turned my fridge off and never used one since.
    Just to save energy at first. Good for the environment, good for my bill.
    But i soon found out that going shopping more often (by foot, no car either)
    is also better for my health and weight, and i am eating more fresh stuff.
    So a WinWin move.

2. All this time watching and this is the first time I've noticed "ASSMAN" in the back

3. Driving both taxi and trucking I would bet. Potentially delivery as well.

4. My parents talk about the ice House on the farm and the ice was packed into sawdust and shavings to keep it from melting in the summer. The ice industry was pretty huge here in Maine. I can't imagine all the ancillary jobs that went away when the ice industry went away. Most of this stuff was all oxen sled type of operation.

5. Imagine, people used to actually shoot videos and upload on YouTube. That time AI was rudimentary unlike today when AI generates all our videos

6. Happy and eye openning new year, Joe!
    Physicians. I bet there will be none in a 100 years. Computers and robot will dominate this field.

7. Love all your videos.

8. There wont be pharmacy technicians. Kirby robots are taking over lol. Its already happening.. Basically pill vending machines. You could run an entire pharmacy with just one Kirby, one technician, and one pharmacist.

9. Hey Joe, love your channel bro, but your statement about FBI or NSA listening in being a joke is very inaccurate and false. It's a fact that those institutions have ability and indeed use that ability to listen in on any form of communication. I am sure you heard about Prism? If not maybe you should do some research and make a show about it?

10. My grandma actually was a board operator when she was my age

11. Cashiers will be gone now that you can do self check out and saves labor

12. This is so interesting. My grandpa had one of these brute force solution jobs as a kid. Every day the local newspaper would cast printing dyes with the days newspaper out of lead, and overnight he and a bunch of other teenagers would melt the lead back down in big kettles. Probably wasn’t the healthiest job, especially for kids.

13. you can make a whole channel on a this extinct jobs.

14. You left out cloak men. There was a time when public restrooms didn't exist, so people would stand in the street, with a bucket and a large cloak, waiting for people who had to relive themselves. The cloak man would wrap their cloak around the person while they "used" the bucket, so they could have privacy as they "took care of business". Not sure how much money they charged, but I understand they had steady business.

15. Probably writing instead of typing. Especially in school

16. You missed the fact that the elevator operators kinda screwed themselves by going on strike… they were still in many buildings even once the elevators were largely automated, went on strike about their pay, and in their absence folk began to realise that operating the elevators wasn't such a big deal so they just ended up revealing their uselessness by this point. They didn't get pay rises, they got sacked instead.

17. Driving!

18. Stop using the word "literally" if you can't use it properly, because it makes you sound dumb.

19. Pizza delivery drivers will go the way of the dinosaur.

20. Retail jobs in general won’t be a thing

21. My mother was a switchboard operator back in the day. She once misheard a caller's request and accidentally connected him to Alcoholics Anonymous when he was trying to get in touch with Triple A. She got very loudly yelled at over that one.

22. Young Trump on the thumbnail?

23. A woman job.

24. Jockeys are already replaced by robots in the middle-east where they race camel. They previously used child jockeys for lower weigh but after pressure from the west, they developed the robots

25. Accountants, attorneys, surgeons, cooks, servers, bartenders, cashiers, truck drivers, farmers. Anything that is repetitive or computational. AI and automation are gonna wipe out most of the labor force in 10ish years. Yang2020.com !

26. My step-father, who was also a share cropper in the 1930s, had a job as a pin setter when he was a teenager. Your tips amounted to coins that the bowlers would throw down the lane at the end of a game.

Usually, as a pin setter, you would have to run up the lane to pick the tip up. Really good bowlers were able to shoot the coin all the way down the lane. (Their lanes must have been shorter than ours.)

If you ever do another video like this, include the men who used to deliver milk. As a child in the 60s, I can remember neighbors who had the milk box on their front porch.

27. Humans actually having to cook and serve food in fast food restaurants. I think that by the end of this next decade, places like McDonald's will have oddimated most if not all it's positions in it's kitchens.

28. Youtubers wont exist by next 20 years.