Usa & Canada Cruises

Carnival Cruise Traces Increases Suggestion Charge twenty% Is Cruising Nonetheless A Fantastic Deal? I deal with cruising history in this movie and look at what is what like in the 1950’s, 1980’s and currently for tipping and cruising charges. Appear back again to the fantastic old times and join me down memory lane. #carnival #royalcaribbean #norwegian

Sign up for the TWB Relatives reside Monday to Friday at 5pm et plus Saturday at 2pm et. We communicate about cruise ships and cruise holidays, deals, updates and information. It’s a reside Q and A enjoyment free for all display! Plus perform reside Trivia with Bruce on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 8pm et.

Help my channel currently check out Amazon from this link
My channel will get paid a commision with any buy you make. Thank you

Also check out my Amazon Keep for terrific cruise getaway accesories suggestions listed here

Get by yourself or someone you appreciate some TWB T-Shirts, Mugs, and other stuff by viewing my RedBubble Keep listed here

To call me specifically use this e mail
[email protected]

To send out me stuff like present playing cards (I appreciate Costco and Walmart) , article playing cards, merchandise, use this address
2130 Prepare dinner St
Creston BC
Canada
V0B 1G5

To sponcer my Channel or to appear into a brand offer just allow me know!
[email protected]

1. I read that Carnival may not be giving all the tip increase to the crew. Carnival make keep part of it.

2. Remember these people are paid in USD. In some cases that's a great job for them and great experience…..
    Everyone working on the ship needs to make that money just like we do…..

Time to anti up is all…

3. Carnival here in the UK under the guise of P&O Cruises are to abolish tipping from April 2019. However here is something to consider. I booked a cruise in December 2017 for 2 weeks round trip from Southampton around the Canary Islands. Cost per person with 2 sharing the lowest price cabin was £999 (UK) or for me solo £1598. A bargain!!

It was announced in March 2018 that the ship was to become Adult only from April 2019. No problem for me. Then a little later it was announced that tipping would also be abolished across the line in April 2019.

I still get to pay £1598 because that was what the price was when I booked. However if I booked today the price would be a whopping £2462. An increase of £864 or 54%.

The tips and 'adult only' factor have been absorbed into the headline cost of the cruise! But I suppose you see what you are paying upfront so can make a more informed evaluation as to value for money!

4. If it's charged, it's a fee & not a tip😑

5. I switch to Costa and TUI cruises. Tip included or all inclusive. Looks more expensive bud it is actually cheaper.

6. Since my husband and I are fairly new to cruising, why is there a gratuity on the SODA package?? WE go to the soda self-service machines, WE bring our cups, no one is helping us at all, so why the "gratuity", when WE are doing it by ourselves?

7. There are several extra costs associated with cruising, as well as most types of travel. Cruise lines do it this way so they can advertise low fares. You learn this on your first trip. It's up to you to return, knowing full well how the system works.

8. My room steward on NCL Getaway this past October cruise has to clean and make up 16 cabins by himself and it was his last week of the contract and I told him to take a break for my room every 3 days. I gave him a farewell tip to enjoy his 2 months off before his new contract.

9. It is not a tip if I cannot control the amount. When the "tip" is automatic or dictated to me, then let's call it what it is, a service charge.

10. Bruce thanks for all your updates. 1. I agree w/Paul tell me everything up front so then I am finished paying for everything 2. Glad I don't drink much 1 – 2 drinks is about it for me. Feel sorry for the folks that do get the drink pkg!!

11. PO Australia, Carnival, and Princess have done away with Automatic tipping now and you tip who you want went on PO here last December and it didn’t have the automatic tipping going on Carnival next week and I believe it will be the same, but Carnival here in Australia does not allow you to take any wine on board and they do not have a alcoholic beverage package like the States, they do have a wine 🍷 package 5 bottles for around 185 Aust Dlrs and bubbles package not sure of that price yet I will off course tip our cabin and table servers as always, they do work very hard my cruises in the 70s and 80s were very different as opposed to now and drinks were really duty free to purchase then very expensive now but you are bound by their rules and regulations and I still love cruising 🇦🇺🚢 so I keep going back

12. Cool! Bruce my mom told us stories of traveling in the 40's and 50's on liners the United States?
    Seeing your YouTube reminded me of her stories and the famous people she met.

13. I’m getting so tired of hearing about how the staff is paid by tips. Listen. If that’s the case increase my fair so it’s all inclusive like I’m told and I know what I’m paying upfront and pay your staff a just wage. But if you going to continue to charge me an all inclusive fair and then call the extra a tip I will tip what i want. Like I do at any resort. The day the tips become mandatory is the day i stop cruising. It’s becoming deceptive pricing the way it is now

14. Hey Bruce – I’m so old, I remember when cruising was in Black & White (LOL). And I did get to see the Captain of the Regal Princess twice on my last cruise – both times in the elevator (he was in charge of pushing the buttons)!! Capt. Fabrizio was quite handsome (I don’t remember his last name – but I did try speaking Italian to him)!!

15. I will pay as I go. Rather just be free and not worry about it and pay everything in advance. I feel like I’m getting stuck up with most packages these days.

16. I wonder if the cruise lines should just raise up the price of the cabins to a more realistic price too cover all these charges in stead of getting you on so these little charges.

17. To me cruises are still a great deal. If I had to buy dinner, entertainment, and hotel each day that adds up.

18. I am wondering if it's time to give the cruise prices including all fees, port, tips, etc. I would rather see a price with all the fees included so I know up front if the price of the cruise is within my budget.